Austin Real Estate
The Many Plusses of Living in Austin, TX
Austin, the capital of the Lone Star State, is much more than just the political heart of Texas. It's a vibrant hub that provides unparalleled entertainment, boasts outstanding educational institutions, and promises thriving employment opportunities. If you're considering making a move, here are some compelling reasons why Austin should be at the top of your list.
Entertainment: The Live Music Capital of the World
If there's one thing Austin is globally renowned for, it's its rich music scene. Coined as the Live Music Capital of the World, this city offers an array of venues that cater to every musical taste, whether you're into country, rock, blues, or indie.
1. Festivals: From the acclaimed SXSW to the Austin City Limits Festival, the city's music festivals attract global audiences and top-tier performers every year.
2. Venues: Historic sites like The Continental Club or newer spots like Mohawk Austin provide music lovers with diverse options to catch live performances.
3. Arts and Theater: Beyond music, Austin's cultural scene is a blend of traditional and contemporary arts. Venues like the Zach Theatre or the Long Center for the Performing Arts present plays, ballets, and operas regularly.
Education: A Nexus for Learners and Thinkers
Austin isn't just about entertainment; it's also a center for academic excellence. The city's educational landscape is dotted with renowned institutions and opportunities for continuous learning.
1. University of Texas at Austin: A flagship institution, UT Austin ranks among the top public universities in the country, offering a wide variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs.
2. Specialized Schools: Austin houses many specialized schools, such as the Austin Film School and the Acton School of Business, providing tailored educational experiences.
3. Public and Private Education: Families in Austin benefit from a robust public school system, including nationally recognized high schools, as well as a plethora of private schooling options to fit every academic need.
Employment: A City of Opportunities
Austin's rapid growth over the past few decades isn't by accident. The city has become a magnet for tech companies, startups, and entrepreneurs, offering a wealth of employment opportunities across various sectors.
1. Tech Hub: Often referred to as the "Silicon Hills", Austin is home to many tech giants, including Dell, IBM, and Oracle, as well as budding startups in the tech space.
2. Entrepreneurial Spirit: With programs like the Austin Technology Incubator and Capital Factory, the city provides resources and support for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
3. Diverse Employment: Beyond tech, Austin boasts a strong job market in sectors like healthcare, education, entertainment, and more, ensuring opportunities for professionals from all walks of life.
Whether you're a music enthusiast, a student with big dreams, or a professional looking for the next big career move, Austin, TX, promises a rich experience. Its vibrant entertainment scene, top-tier educational institutions, and burgeoning job market make it one of the most sought-after cities in the US. With a unique blend of Texan charm and modern allure, Austin truly offers the best of both worlds.
Austin Listings Summary
Austin - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Austin: $910,900 / County Avg $1,042,500
Avg Taxes in Austin: $15,700 / County Avg $19,100
Avg Sq. Ft. in Austin: 1,813 / County Avg 2,166
Avg Price per/sqft in Austin:$502 / County Avg $481
Avg Walkscore in Austin: 37 / County Avg 34
Avg Year Built in Austin: 1994 / County Avg 1995
Avg Days on Website in Austin: 50 / County Avg 84